Friday, April 11, 2008

Final Project Idea

For my final project I plan to make an ironic/parody remark on how we simplify our Nations history. I will use mix media, most likely collage and drawing materials. The background will manly consist of images of poverty/Native Americans/etc and/or other images of strife either indirectly or directly caused by U.S. aid or lack thereof. In the foreground will be a typical American caricature of either the “U.S.” or some Capitalist big shot from the 19th, early 20th century era. Following “America” will be small child-like caricatures of other nations. Color will be a key factor in determining who America is and who are the nations following. I will use acrylic paints to signify who is who. Along with the images will be a quote that I have in mind that will further strike home the point that throughout American history we have damaged others through our belief that we are superior.

No comments: