Friday, September 14, 2007

Eco Jumble


When we come to college, most of us at least have this great idea of being able to jump straight into our dream careers as soon as we get a diploma in our hands. In reality its much more difficult than expected. I would love to use my art to build my career but I know that I have to have a wide range of skills to get up to that point. At the end of the day, I want to be able to spend some time to make what really gets my heart pumping. Sculpture is my dream. Being able to create something solid with my two hands always seems more real to me than using a computer. I'm a strong visual learner and I have to use my sense of smell, touch, and taste to figure out what it is that I want to create. Computers are useful and when it comes to design they are perfect, but they really just aren't for me when it comes to creating art. I'm going to have to use them to broadcast myself, that's for sure and it's something that I'm learning to do.
Many people today, besides material possessions, value a wide scope of knowledge. If a person can be knowledgeable on many different topics, then respect naturally follows. I've gotten to the age where I realize that so I'm starting to expand. Photoshop was tough but once I got into it, it was really enjoyable. I'm sure Illustrator will be the same, although as for my true calling in art, computer's really have no place unless I'm making a piece using found objects. History, writing, politics, world events, and sciences are other things that I'm looking into. Everyone should have at least a vague idea of whats going on in fields besides the ones that interest them. It's tough but we should give it a shot. That way if we need to be employed in a field besides art directly for what ever reason, there are many options. Art is something that will always stay with us and that we can come back to.

No comments: